Apply for a Student Award
- Students must have GPA of 3.5 or greater in upper division UC Davis coursework.
- Students must have graduated in September 2019 or December 2019, or will be graduating in March 2020 or June 2020.
- Students graduating in summer quarter 2020 must apply the following year (2020-21).
Outstanding Performance Citations
Outstanding Performance Citations are given by the college on the basis of:
- Given to several graduating seniors who have conducted substantial research (at least 1 unit in a research course) and maintained an upper division GPA of at least 3.5.
- Students with a GPA slightly below 3.5 may self-nominate themselves if they feel they have excelled in research.
Ronald and Lydia Baskin Research Award
- $1,000 per recipient and medal presented to each recipient at Spring Commencement
- Given to 1-2 graduating seniors for excellence in research in the biological sciences in any of the four colleges at UC Davis.
- There is a preference for research in structural biology.
- The research does not have to have been published.
Undergraduate Student of the Year
- $500 to the recipient and award presented at Spring Commencement
- Given to one graduating senior who has completed:
- Substantial research activity of sufficient quality conducted with a faculty member for two or more quarters; and
- Substantial campus and community service.
The award will be presented to the recipient at the Spring Commencement ceremony.
1. Application Period
Friday, December 20, 2019 - Friday, January 31, 2020
- Award applications require information from both the students and faculty.
- Students may apply for more than one award.
- Students may upload publications for consideration.
- Faculty may support multiple students for multiple awards.
Due: Friday, February 15, 2020
Application Process initiated by the student:
- Students use the online form to briefly describe their research and to list the names of potential recommenders.
- When the online form is completed, potential recommenders will be contacted automatically to obtain letters. Potential recommenders can decline to make a recommendation; otherwise, reminders are sent until the recommendation is received or the application period ends.
- Faculty have two options for submitting their recommendation:
- Completing a short endorsement section using the online form, which can be used if the student is only applying for this award; OR
- Uploading a detailed recommendation letter, which is more appropriate if the student is also being considered for the other major awards.
The submitted profiles will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members. Winners wil be selected based on the merits of the applications.