Apply for a Student Award
- Students must have GPA of 3.5 or greater in upper division UC Davis coursework.
- Students must have graduated in September 2020 or December 2020, or will be graduating in March 2021 or June 2021.
- Students graduating in summer quarter 2021 must apply the following year (2021-22).
Distinguished Scholar Awards
Outstanding Performance Citations are given by the college on the basis of:
- This award is also known as the Outstanding Performance Citation and noted on your final transcript.
- Given to several graduating seniors who have conducted substantial research before graduation and maintained an upper division GPA of at least 3.5.
- Students with a GPA slightly below 3.5 may self-nominate themselves if they feel they have excelled in research.
Ronald and Lydia Baskin Research Awards
- $1,000 per recipient and medal presented to each recipient at College Awards event
- Given to 2 graduating seniors for excellence in research in the biological sciences in any of the four colleges at UC Davis.
- Areas such as biophysics, biochemistry, biomathematics and bioengineering are specifically included.
- The research does not have to have been published.
Undergraduate Student of the Year
- $500 to the recipient and award presented at College Awards event
- Given to one graduating senior who has completed:
- Substantial research activity of sufficient quality conducted with a faculty member for two or more quarters; and
- Substantial campus and community service.
1. Application Period
Monday, December 21, 2020 - Sunday, January 31, 2021
- Award applications require information from both the students and faculty.
- Students may apply for more than one award.
- Students may upload publications for consideration.
- Faculty may support multiple students for multiple awards.
Due: Friday, February 12, 2021
Application Process initiated by the student:
- Students use the online form to briefly describe their research and to list the names of potential recommenders.
- When the online form is completed, potential recommenders will be contacted automatically to obtain letters. Potential recommenders can decline to make a recommendation; otherwise, reminders are sent until the recommendation is received or the application period ends.
- Faculty have two options for submitting their recommendation:
- Completing a short endorsement section using the online form, which can be used if the student is only applying for this award; OR
- Uploading a detailed recommendation letter, which is more appropriate if the student is also being considered for the other major awards.
The submitted profiles will be reviewed by a committee of faculty members. Winners will be selected based on the merits of the applications.