Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Grad Group Affiliations
- Hort -Agronomy
- Integrative Genetics and Genomics
- Plant Biology
Specialties / Focus
- Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Genomics
- Systematics and Evolutionary Biology
- BIS 101 Genes and Gene Expression, Winter
- GGG 291 History of Genetics Seminar, Winter
- VCR 221 Genomics and Breeding of Vegetables, Spring
- 123 Asmundson http://www.plantsciences.ucdavis.edu/quiros/lab/cfqlab.htm
- Dan QiuBo Yang
Honors and Awards
- Economic Botany
- 1968 BS Agriculture Agrarian University, Peru
- 1972 MS Plant Science University of New Hampshire
- 1975 PhD Genetics University of California, Davis
Li, G. and CF Quiros. 2003. In planta side-chain glucosinolate modification in Arabidopsis by introduction of dioxygenase Brassica homolog BoGSL-ALK. Theor. Appl. Genet 106:1116-1121.
Li, G, M. Gao, B. Yang and, CF Quiros 2003 Gene to gene alignment between the Brassica and Arabidopsis genomes by transcriptional mapping., Theoretical and Applied Genetics 107:168-180.
Gao M, Li G, Yang B, McCombie WR and CF Quiros 2004. Comparative analysis of a Brassica BAC clone containing several major aliphatic glucosinolate genes with its corresponding Arabidopsis sequence. Genome 47:666-679.
Gao M, Li G, McCombie WR and CF Quiros 2005. Comparative analysis of a transposon-rich Brassica oleracea BAC clone with its corresponding sequence in A. thaliana TAG 111:949-955.
Gao M, Li G, Potter, D. McCombie WR and CF Quiros 2005. Comparative analysis of methylthioalkylmalate synthase (MAM) gene family and flanking DNA se
Ortega R, Kliebenstein D, Arbizu C, Ortega R and CF Quiros 2006. Survey of cultivated and feral mashua (Tropaeolum tuberosum Ruiz & Pavon) in the cusco Region of Peru. Econ. Bot 60:254-264