Department of Applied Science, College of Engineering
Grad Group Affiliations
- Applied Science
Specialties / Focus
- Dynamics and Biophysical Engineering
- Spectroscopy and Imaging
- EAD 166 Lasers and Nonlinear Optics, Winter,Spring
- EAD 169 Optical Properties of Materials, Spring
- EAD 267 Nonlinear Optics
- Krol Research Group http://krol.ucdavis.edu
Honors and Awards
- 2005 Fellow, Optical Society of America
- 2002 Norbert J. Kreidl Award, Glass and Optical Materials Division of the American Ceramic Society
- 1995 Fellow, American Ceramic Society
- 1994 NSF-VPW (Visiting Professorships for Women) Award
- 1991 Vittorio Gottardi Award, International Committee on Glass
- American Ceramic Society
- American Physical Society
- Materials Research Society
- Optical Society of America
- 1975 BS Chemistry Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- 1976 MS Chemistry Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- 1980 PhD Mathematical and Physical Sciences Utrecht University, The Netherlands
K.C. Richardson, D. M. Krol and K. Hirao, “Glasses for Photonic Applications” (invited review), International Journal of Applied Glass Science, 1, 74 (2010).
T. Moritz, D. Taylor, C. Polage, D. M. Krol, S. Lane, J. Chan, “The Effect of Cefazolin Treatment on the Raman Signatures of the Metabolic State of Escherichia Coli Cells” Analytical Chemistry, 82, 2703 (2010).
Tobias J. Moritz, Christopher R. Polage, Douglas S. Taylor, Denise M. Krol, Stephen M. Lane, James W. Chan, “Evaluation of Escherichia coli cell response to antibiotic treatment using laser tweezers Raman spectroscopy”, J. Clin. Microb. 48, 4287 (2010).
Tobias J. Moritz, Denise M. Krol, James W. Chan, “Detection of doxorubicin-induced apoptosis of leukemic T-lymphocytes by laser tweezers Raman spectroscopy”, Biomedical Optics Express 1, 1130 (2010).