Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Grad Group Affiliations
- Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Horticulture and Agronomy
- Plant Biology
Specialties / Focus
- Environmental and Integrative Biology
- Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Genomics
- BIT 161B Biotechnology, Spring
- PBI 200C ion transport and stress signaling, Spring
- PRB 1201
Honors and Awards
- 2003 - Alexander von Humboldt Prize
- 2008 - Fellow, Japan Society Promotion of Science
- 2011 - Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- 2012 - Loomis Distinguished Lecturer, Iowa State University
- 2013 - RAICES Prize to Scientific Development and Cooperation, Ministry of Sciences and Technology, Argentina.
- 2013 - REDBIO-FAO International Prize, Latin American Biotechnology Network.
- 2014 - Fellow, American Society of Plant Biology
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- Society for Experimental Biology
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Ph.D. - Hebrew University of Jerusalem and University of California, Berkeley - Bioenergetics
Shaar-Moshe L, Blumwald E, Peleg Z (2017). Unique Physiological and Transcriptional Shifts under Combinations of drought, heat and salinity. Plant Physiol. 174:421-434.
Sade N, Ummajkitikorn K, Rubio Wilhelmi MM, Wright M, Wang S, Blumwald, E (2017). Delaying chloroplast turnover increases water-deficit stress tolerance through the enhancement of nitrogen assimilation in rice. J. Exp. Bot. in press. doi.org/10.1093/jxb/erx247
Farcuh M, Li B, Rivero R, Sadka A, Blumwald E (2017). Sugar metabolism reprograming in a non-climacteric bud mutant of a climacteric plum fruit. J. Exp. Bot. 68:5813-5828.