Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Grad Group Affiliations
- Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Horticulture and Agronomy
- Plant Biology
Specialties / Focus
- Environmental and Integrative Biology
- Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Genomics
- Fruit Biology
- BIT 161B Biotechnology, Spring
- PBI 200C ion transport and stress signaling, Spring
- PRB 1201
Honors and Awards
- 2003 - Alexander von Humboldt Prize
- 2008 - Fellow, Japan Society Promotion of Science
- 2011 - Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- 2012 - Loomis Distinguished Lecturer, Iowa State University
- 2013 - RAICES Prize to Scientific Development and Cooperation, Ministry of Sciences and Technology, Argentina.
- 2013 - REDBIO-FAO International Prize, Latin American Biotechnology Network.
- 2014 - Fellow, American Society of Plant Biology
- 2017 - Highly Cited Researcher - Clarivate/Web of Science
- 2018 - Highly Cited Researcher - Clarivate/Web of Science
- 2019- Highly Cited Researcher - Clarivate/Web of Science
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- Society for Experimental Biology
- American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Ph.D. - Hebrew University of Jerusalem and University of California, Berkeley - Bioenergetics
Toubiana D, Sade N, Liu L, Rubio Wilhelmi MM, Brotman Y, Luzarowska U, Vogel JP, Blumwald E (2020). Correlation-based network analysis combined with machine learning techniques highlight the role of the GABA shunt in Brachypodium sylvaticum freezing tolerance. Scientific Reports in press.
Umnajkitikorn K, Sade N, Rubio Wilhelmi MM, Gilbert ME, Blumwald E (2020).Silencing of OsCV (CHLOROPLAST VESICULATION) Maintained Photorespiration and N-assimilation in Rice Plants Grown under Elevated CO2. Plant Cell & Environment in press.
Toubiana D, Puzis R, Wen L, Sikron N, Kurmanbayeva A, Soltabayeva A, Rubio Whilhelmi M, Sade N, Fait A, Sagi M, Blumwald E, Elovici Y (2019) Combined network analysis and machine learning allows the prediction of metabolic pathways from tomato metabolomics data. Communications Biology 2:214.
Bassil E, Zhang S, Gong H, Tajima H, Blumwald E (2019). Cation specificity of vacuolar NHX-type cation/H+ antiporters. Plant Physiology 179:616-629.