Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Department of Affiliated with Dept of Land, Air and Water Resources
Grad Group Affiliations
- Ecology Graduate Group,Soil Science Graduate Group
Specialties / Focus
- Systematics and Evolutionary Biology
- ECL 216 Ecology and Agriculture, Fall
- PLB 147 Survey of Plant Communities of California, Spring
- UC LTRAS and SAFS research sites for sustainable agriculture; UC Hastings Natural History Reservation in Carmel Valley, CA; Growers fields in Monterey and Yolo Counties
- Ecological Society of America
- Soil Science Society of America
- 1982 PhD University of Washington
Burger, M. and L.E. Jackson. Plant and microbial nitrogen use and turnover: rapid conversion of nitrate to ammonium in soil with roots. Ms. submitted, Plant and Soil.
Jackson, L.E., D. Miller, and S.E. Smith. 2002. Arbuscular mycorrhizal colonization and growth of wild and cultivated lettuce in response to nitrogen and phosphorus. Scientia Horticulturae 94:205-218.
Johnson, W.C., L.E. Jackson, O.Ochoa, J. Peleman, R. van Wijk, D.A. St. Clair, and R.W. Michelmore. 2000. A shallow-rooted crop and its wild progenitor differ at loci determining root architecture and deep soil water exploitation. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 101:1066-1073.