Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Grad Group Affiliations
- Horticulture-Agronomy Graduate Group
- Plant Biology
Specialties / Focus
- Environmental and Integrative Biology
- Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Genomics
- AGR 211 Principles and Practices of High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Spring
- Amer. Soc. of Plant Biologists, Amer. Soc. of Agron, Crop Sci. Soc. of Amer., Amer. Scoc. of Soil Sci., International Soc. of Soil and Plant Anal., Assoc. of Agri. Scientists of Indian Origin
- 1965 BS Agriculture and Animal Husbandry U. P. Agricultural University, India
- 1967 MS Horticulture U. P. Agricultural University
- 1975 PhD Plant Physiology University of California, Davis
Goyal, S. S., S. K. Sharma, D. W. Rains, A. Lauchlii (1999). Long Term Reuse of Drainage Waters of Varying Salinities for Crop Irrigation in a Cotton-Safflower Rotation System in the San Joaquin Valley of California- A Nine Year Study: I. Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Journal of Crop Production. 2: 181-213.
Goyal, S.S. (2000). A Simple Method for Determination of Fatty Acid Composition of Seed Oils using High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 31: 1919-1927.
Goyal, S. S., S. K. Sharma, and D. W. Rains. Eds. (2002) Crop Production in Saline Environments: Global and Integrative perspectives. Haworth Press, New York, NY, USA.
S. S. Goyal and H. L. Sehtiya (2002). Evidence for Differential Photo-regulation of in vivo Nitrate Assimilation in Barley (C3) and Corn (C4) Seedlings. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 7:1-8.
Basra, A. S., A. K. Dhawan, and S. S. Goyal (2002). DCMU inhibits in vivo nitrate reduction in illuminated barley (C3) leaves but not in maize (C4): A new mechanism for the role of light ? Planta. 215: 855-861.
Goyal, S. S. (2001). Use of High Performance Liquid Chromatography for Soil and Plant Analysis-- A Training Guide. http://www.spcouncil.com/ Website of the International Council of Soil and Plant Analysis, 100 pages.
Goyal, S. S. (2002) A Simple method for Assaying Total Glucosinolate Content of Plant Materials via Sulfate-ion-release Using Ion Chromatography. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 33:3359-3370.
Basra, A. S. And S. S. Goyal. (2002). Mechanism of Improved Nitrogen Use Efficiency in Cereals. In: M. S. Kang (Ed.) Quantitative Genetics, Genomics and Plant Breeding. CABI Publishing, UK.
Dvorak J, MM Noaman, SS Goyal, and J Gorham. 1994. Enhancement of salt tolerance of
Goyal SS and AR Hafez. 1995. Phosphate-catalyzed decomposition of nitrite to nitrate during freezing and thawing of solutions. J Agri and Food Chem. 43:2641-2645