Center for Mind and Brain
UC Davis MIND Institute
Grad Group Affiliations
- Psychology; Human Development
Specialties / Focus
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Medical Neuroscience
- PSC 146 Development of Memory
- PSC 141 Cognitive Development
- PSC 290 Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (graduate seminar), Spring
- PSC 212A Cognitive and Perceptual Development, Spring
- Neurocognitive Development Laboratory http://psyweb2.ucdavis.edu/labs/Rivera/
- Nancie Zawaydeh -graduate student (Human Development;Eric Charles - graduate student (Psychology); Faraz Farzin - graduate student (Psychology); Melissa Henry - PGR/lab manager; Kami Koldewyn - graduate student (Neuroscience); Elizabeth Reynolds -PGR;
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society
- 1991 BA Psychology Indiana University
- 1998 PhD Psychology University of California, Berkeley
Rivera, S.M. and Koldewyn, K. (in press). Unraveling the mystery of motion perception impairments in autism: Some further considerations. Current Psychology of Cognition.
Rivera, S.M., David, N., Henry, M.L., Adams, J., Barcellos, T., Brunberg, J.A. and Hagerman, R.J. (under review). Cerebellar dysfunction in older males with the fragile X premutation: An fMRI investigation.
Rivera, S.M., Reiss, A.L, Eckert, M.A., and Menon, V. (2005). Developmental changes in mental arithmetic: Evidence for increased functional specialization of the left inferior parietal cortex. Cerebral Cortex, 15(5).
Hessl,D., Rivera, S.M., and Reiss, A.L. (2004) The Neuroanatomy and Neuroendocrinology of Fragile X Syndrome. Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews, 10:17-24.
Langer, J., Rivera, S.M., Schlesinger, M., and Wakeley, A. (2002). Early Cognitive Development: Ontogeny and Phylogeny. In: Valsiner, J. & Connolly, K. (Eds.), Handbook of Developmental Psychology. London: Sage.
Rivera, S.M., Menon, V., White, C.D., Glaser, B., Glover, G. and Reiss, A.L. (2002). Functional brain activation during arithmetic processing in females with fragile X Syndrome is related to FMR-1 protein expression. Human Brain Mapping.16(4),206-21
Mackenzie, K., Rivera, S.M., Menon, V., Reiss, A.L., and Glover, G. (2002). Arithmetic processing of incongruent arithmetic equations: A functional MRI study. Human Brain Mapping 16(2),119-30.
Menon V., Rivera S.M., White C.D., Glover G.H., Reiss A.L. (2000). Dissociating Prefrontal and Parietal Activation During Arithmetic Processing. Neuroimage, 12, (4), 357-365.
Menon V., Rivera S.M., White C.D., Eliez S., Glover G.H., Reiss A.L. (2000). Functional Optimization of Arithmetic Processing in Perfect Performers. Cognitive Brain Research, 9 (3) 343-345.
Rivera, S.M., Wakeley, A. & Langer, J. (1999). The drawbridge phenomenon: representational reasoning or perceptual preference? Developmental Psychology, v35(2), 427-435.