Department of Neurology, School of Medicine
Center for Neuroscience
Structures, functions and physiological roles of ion channels.
Structures, functions and physiological roles of ion channels and transporters.
Grad Group Affiliations
- Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology (PTX)
Specialties / Focus
- Cellular Physiology
- Molecular Medicine
- Molecular Physiology
- Molecular Physiology
- Organelle and Membrane Biology
- Signaling and Excitable Membranes
- Structural Biology
- NSC 221 Cellular Neuroscience, Fall
- Chen Lab http://neuroscience.ucdavis.edu/user/15
- Yawei Yu, Wei-Ping Yu, Ji-Peng Chen
Honors and Awards
- Paul Cranefield Award, Society of General Physiologists, 2004.
- Biophysical Society, USA
- Society of General Physiologists, USA
- 1986 MD National Yang-Ming Medical College
- 1988 MS National Yang-Ming Medical College
- 1994 PhD Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Yu Y., Tsai M.-F., Yu W.-P., and Chen T.-Y. (2015) Modulation of the Slow/Common Gating of CLC Channels by Intracellular Cadmium. J. Gen. Physiol. 146: 495-508.
Yu Y., Kuan A-S, and Chen T-Y (2014) Calcium-calmodulin does not alter the anion permeability of the mouse TMEM16A calcium-activated chloride channel. J. Gen. Physiol. 144:115-124.
Bennetts B, Yu Y, Chen T-Y, and Parker MW (2012) Intracellular beta-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide inhibits the skeletal muscle ClC-1 chloride channel. J. Biol. Chen. 287: 25808-25820.
Richman DP, Yu Y, Lee T-T, Tseng P-Y, Yu W-P, Maselli RA, Tang C-Y and Chen T-Y (2012) Dominantly-inherited myotonia congenita resulting from a mutation that increases open probability of the muscle chloride channel CLC-1. Neuromol. Med. 14:328-337.
Tang C.-Y., and Chen T.-Y. (2011) Physiology and pathophysiology of CLC-1: mechanisms of a chloride channel disease, myotonia. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology: Vol2011, Article ID 685328, 2011. doi:10.1155/2011/685328.
Zhang X.-D., Tseng P.-Y., Yu W.-P., and Chen T.-Y. (2009) Blocking pore-open mutants of CLC-0 by amphiphilic blockers. J. Gen. Physiol. 133: 43-58.
Zhang X.-D., and Chen T.-Y. (2009) Amphiphilic blockers punch through a mutant CLC-0 pore. J. Gen. Physiol. 133: 59-68.
Chen T.-Y., and Hwang, T.-C. (2008) CLC-0 and CFTR: Chloride channels evolved from transporters. Physiol. Rev. 88: 351-387.
Tseng P.-Y., Bennetts B., and Chen T.-Y. (2007) Cytoplasmic ATP inhibition of CLC-1 is enhanced by low pH. J. Gen. Physiol. 130: 217-221.
Bykova E. A., Zhang X.-D., Chen T.-Y., and Zheng J. (2006) Large movement in the C-terminus of CLC-0 chloride channel during slow gating. Nature Struct & Mol. Biol. 13: 1115-1119.
Chen T.-Y. (2005) Structure and function of ClC channels. Ann. Rev. Physiol. 67: 809-839.