As COVID-19 ushers in a remote way of campus life, our colleagues at the UC Davis Health System are combating this illness on the front lines of the pandemic. And they're in dire need. To stay in the fight and save lives, our colleagues need personal protective equipment (PPE) to maintain safety protocols and protect EVERYONE from exposure.
The College of Biological Sciences is organizing a PPE drive (to occur March 26) to help assist the UC Davis Health System during this crisis. Mark Winey, dean of the College of Biological Sciences, is calling upon you and your lab to help your fellow Aggies.
The UC Davis Health System has specifically asked for the items below:
- Sterile and non-sterile gloves in unopened boxes – preferably latex-free
- Hand sanitizer – unopened containers
- Bleach bottles or sprays – unopened containers
- Bleach wipes – unopened containers
- Isopropyl alcohol – unopened bottles
- Eye protection and goggles – unused in-box or wrapper
- Clear face shields – unused masks only – tie, ear loop – unopened boxes only (no cloth masks)
- Respirator masks – N95 -1860, 1860S and 1870+ ratings, of all sizes in unopened boxes
- PAPR respirators – 3M or MaxAir and unused. Hoods, filters, batteries, chargers, tubes to go with these units are also needed
- Disposable gowns
- Unused shoe covers
- Unopened boxes biohazard bags – unused
The college will organize donation pick-ups at various locations for Thursday, March 26. Donations will be organized at the department/unit level.