- Department of Plant Biology, College of Biological Sciences
Mechanisms involved in uptake of exogenous materials applied to the foliage of plants. Characterizing the translocation process in plants from points of synthesis or high concentrations to areas of utilization or storage. Investigating the entire perennation process in plants from initiation of the vegetative reproductive structure of the mature structure capable of regeneration of new plants including ecological development and fitness costs and competitive interactions.
- 1951 B.S., in Farm Crops, Oregon State University
- 1953 M.S. in Farm Crops/Weed Science, Oregon State University
- 1958 Ph.D. in Agronomy/Weed Science University of Wisconsin
- Abdallah MMF, DE Bayer, and CL Elmore. 1992. Effects of light and ethylene on the herbicidal action of acifluorfen. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 42:271-278
- Yim K and DE Bayer. 1996. Root growth inhibition of rice by bensulfuren. Weed Science. 36:49-54
- Yim K, YW Kown, and DE Bayer. 1997. Growth response and allocation of assimilates of rice seedlings by paclobutrazol and gibberellin treatment. Plant Growth Regulation.