Chancellor Emeritus; Distinguished Professor Emeritus
Department of Plant Biology
Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Growth and development
Biology Instruction for Non-science Majors
UC Davis History
Honors and Awards
- *The Anti-Defamation League Distinguished Community Service Award, May 25, 1999
- *Outstanding Community Award, Sacramento Valley Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, November 2009
- *Sacramentan of the Year, Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, November 2004
- *"20 People Who Made a Difference" in the Sacramento region, Sacramento Business Journal, June 2004
- *Prelude to the Season Outstanding Contribution Award, Arts and Business Council of Sacramento, October 2003
- *University of California, Davis, Medal, May 2009
- *American Society of Plant Biologists, Fellow of ASPB Award, July 2009
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 1964 BS Biology and Chemistry Education University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- 1965 MS Plant Physiology University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- 1969 PhD Plant Biochemistry Purdue University
- 2002 Honorary Doctoral Degree Inje University, Korea
- 2000 Honorary Doctoral Degree Purdue University
Vanderhoef, L. N. 1992. Lessons in litigation: There are no victors without losers (cover story). Veterinary Forum (April, pp. 22-26).
Vanderhoef, L. N. 1997. The Future for Diversity at the University of California, in The Diversity Planning Manual: Institutional Leadership and Change, ed. Gladys Brown.
Vanderhoef, L. N. 1997. Regional Planning: Is it Even Possible? In, California's Future: Maintaining Viable Agriculture at the Urban Edge. University of California.
Atkinson, Richard C., Vanderhoef, L. N., et. al. 2003. Policy Forum – Intellectual Property Rights – Public Sector Collaboration for Agricultural IP Management. Science 301:174-175.
Vanderhoef, Larry N., Universidad de Guanajuatro. Ideas en Movimento, “The University of California: How it Has Grown to be the Best University in the World.” Summer 2007.
Vanderhoef, Larry N., “The Contributions of Higher Education Toward the Promotion of Social Responsibility.” Keynote address, Proceedings of the Ryukoku University 20th Anniversary Symposium. October 29, 2008