- Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Amino acid deprivation and the interaction of guanosine tetraphosphate at the molecular level to regulate gene expression in bacteria.
Education and Degree(s)
- 1967 B.S. in Microbiology, Cornell University
- 1972 Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Purdue University
- DaCosta XJ and SW Artz. 1997. Mutations that render the promoter of the histidineoperon of Salmonella typhimurium insensitive to nutrient-rich medium repression and amino acid downshift. Journal of Bacteriology. 179:5211-5217
- Thorner LK, JP Fandl, and SW Artz. 1990. Analysis of sequence elements important for expression and regulation of the adenylate cyclase gene (cya) of Salmonella typhimurium. Genetics. 125:709-717
- Fandl JP, LK Thorner, and SW Artz. 1990. Mutations that affect transcription and cyclic AMP-CRP regulation of the adenylate cyclase gene (cya) of Salmonella typhimurium. Genetics. 125:719-727