- Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Biological Sciences
Amino acid deprivation and the interaction of guanosine tetraphosphate at the molecular level to regulate gene expression in bacteria.
Education and Degree(s)
- 1967 B.S. in Microbiology, Cornell University
- 1972 Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Purdue University
- DaCosta XJ and SW Artz. 1997. Mutations that render the promoter of the histidineoperon of Salmonella typhimurium insensitive to nutrient-rich medium repression and amino acid downshift. Journal of Bacteriology. 179:5211-5217
- Thorner LK, JP Fandl, and SW Artz. 1990. Analysis of sequence elements important for expression and regulation of the adenylate cyclase gene (cya) of Salmonella typhimurium. Genetics. 125:709-717
- Fandl JP, LK Thorner, and SW Artz. 1990. Mutations that affect transcription and cyclic AMP-CRP regulation of the adenylate cyclase gene (cya) of Salmonella typhimurium. Genetics. 125:719-727