- Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior
Research focused on signal processing in the visual system, central regulation of temperature in cold environments, hippocampal cellular neuroplasticity mechanisms, and neural mechanisms in mammalian hibernators that provide neuroprotection and survival in extreme environments.
- 1959 B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- 1961 M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- 1968 Ph.D. in Biophysics, University of California, Berkeley
- Chen C-Yl, JM Horowitz, AC Bonham. 1999. A presynaptic mechanism contributes to depression of autonomic signal transmission in NTS. Am. J. Physiol.. 277:H1350-H1360
- Raghavan AV, JM Horowitz, CA Fuller. 1999. Diurnal modulation of long-term potentiation in the hamster hippocampal slice. Brain Research. 833:311-314
- Aylwin ML, JM Horowitz, and AC Bonham. 1997. NMDA receptors contribute to primary visceral afferent transmission in the nucleus of the solitary tract. Journal of Neurophysiology. 77:2539-2548