Welcome to the College of Biological Sciences!
We are excited to have you join our college and want to make every effort to facilitate your transition to the university and to ensure your success as a student. As a UC Davis student, you'll have many opportunities to enrich your academic career.
The Biology Academic Success Center (BASC) is your one-stop-shop for all of your advising needs during your time as a CBS student. Make sure to stay connected with the BASC throughout your Aggie Orientation Experience, check back regularly for updates, and be on the look out for updates and communication from CBS.
- Step 1: Complete Aggie 101
- Check your My Admissions Checklist for a link to complete Aggie 101, your online learning modules that share all of the details you will need to be successful as an Incoming student and the next steps in your Aggie Orientation experience.
- Step 2: Complete Your Aggie Advising Canvas Course
- Your Aggie Advising Canvas course will include all you need to know to successfully register for your first quarter including course placement, course planning, building a schedule, how to register, and more!
First-Year Aggie Advising Canvas Course
Transfer Aggie Advising Canvas Course
- Step 3: Schedule and Aggie Advising Appointment (optional)
- Have more questions or concerns related to your first quarter preparation that isn’t addressed in your Aggie Advising Canvas course? Please schedule an Aggie Advising appointment with a BASC advisor.
- First-year student appointments begin on June 12 and Transfer student appointment begin on July 17.
- Incoming students may begin booking their appointments up to three weeks in advance.
- Aggie Advising appointments are limited to 1 appointment per student.
How to Schedule Your Aggie Advising Appointment
- Step 4: Take Placement Exams for Your Major/College Requirements
- Complete the math and chemistry placement exams in order to enroll in the appropriate math and/or chemistry course.
If you have not satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR), take the UC Davis Writing Placement Survey at least two weeks prior to class registration.
- Step 5: Register for Classes
- Register for your first quarter during your assigned Pass 1 time. Registration support will be available should you need assistance! Additional instructions to connect with the BASC Advising team during your Pass 1 time will be sent out approximately 1 week before your assigned Pass 1 time. Please refer to the registration section in your Aggie Advising Canvas course for additional registration details.
First Year CBS Student Pass I: August 3rd- 4th
Transfer CBS Student Pass I: August 15th-16th
- Step 6: Attend Aggie Orientation Events
- Find information about your Aggie Orientation schedule online. You will meet fellow CBS students, faculty, and staff who make up your network of support at UC Davis. You’ll also have the chance to show your college pride, get your last-minute questions answered and have tons of fun!
If you have questions concerning orientation week, please visit UC Davis Orientation for more information: https://orientation.ucdavis.edu/aggie-orientation
For Family Orientation details, please visit https://orientation.ucdavis.edu/families