Biological Sciences Ranked Among World’s Top 50, Nation's Top 20 by QS World University Rankings
In the 2022 QS World University Rankings by Subject released on April 6, UC Davis ranked 43rd in the world and tied for 18th in the nation in the broad category of the life sciences and medicine. Demonstrating its strength across the disciplines, UC Davis was also ranked globally and nationally in each of the other broad categories: natural sciences, engineering and technology, arts and humanities, and social sciences and management.
In addition to being top-ranked in veterinary science and agriculture and forestry, the university had top 50 world rankings in six other subjects and top 20 national rankings in eight.
“I’m proud that UC Davis continues to be recognized for the world-class education it provides as well as for the impact of its research and service,” said Chancellor Gary S. May.
Quacquarelli Symonds is considered one of the most influential international university rankings providers. The rankings consider reputation among academics; reputation among employers; the citations and impact of academic papers from a university; and, for the first time this year, the diversity of a university’s international research network. In all, the 2022 rankings analyzed programs at 1,553 universities across the world.
The additional top 50 world rankings are:
- environmental sciences, 20th
- biological sciences, 42nd
- development studies, 44th
- geophysics, 47th
- geology, 49th
- economics and econometrics, tied for 50th
And the top 20 national rankings are:
- environmental sciences, seventh
- development studies, 10th
- civil and structural engineering, tied for 11th
- anatomy and physiology, tied for 15th
- geography, tied for 17th
- history, tied for 18th
- biological sciences, 19th
- geophysics, 20th
- This story was adapted from UC Davis Ranked Among Best in World, Nation for Veterinary Science, Ag (UC Davis)