Nine UC Davis faculty members are on the Thompson Reuters information service company’s 2015 list of “Highly Cited Researchers.” The 3,125 researchers on the list are among “the world’s most influential scientific minds,” according to Thompson Reuters.
The UC Davis honorees:
- Howard V. Cornell, professor emeritus, Department of Environmental Science and Policy
- Michael S. Denison, professor, Department of Environmental Toxicology
- Jonathan A. Eisen, Genome Center, and Department of Evolution and Ecology
- Oliver Fiehn, professor, Genome Center, and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Susan P. Harrison, professor, Department of Environmental Science and Policy
- Robert J. Hijmans, associate professor, Department of Environmental Science and Policy
- Biswanath Mukherjee, professor, Department of Computer Science
- Pamela C. Ronald, professor, Department of Plant Pathology
- Qi Zhang, associate professor, Department of Environmental Toxicology
Thompson Reuters uses its Essential Science Indicators tool to compile the list. The tool identifies “highly cited papers,” those ranking among the top 1 percent of most cited papers by subject and year of publication, “earning them the mark of exceptional impact.”
This story originally appeared on UC Davis News.